Our Response to COVID-19
Though our office has been closed for the past few months, we have been constantly thinking about our patients. We have been quite busy planning and implementing programs to keep you and your family safe.
We not only meet the rigorous standards of safety and infection control outlined by the CDC and OSHA, but with the help of OSHA expert, Environmerica, we have implemented a number of extended safety measures in response to COVID-19:
- Scheduling: To limit unnecessary person-to-person contact, we have redesigned our schedule to minimize the number of patients simultaneously in our office and also built in extra time for infection control.
- Teledentistry: For your safety and convenience, we are excited to begin offering teledentistry -- virtual dental appointments -- via a secure, HIPAA-compliant video platform. This will allow certain dental concerns to be addressed from the safety and comfort of your own home.
- Symptom Check: All patients will be pre-screened prior to their appointments. This process includes a review of your medical history, pre-screening questions related to COVID-19, and a temperature check.
- Digital paperwork: For your convenience and to minimize person-to-person contact, all paperwork, such as registration forms, treatment plans, and consent forms, will be available on our website.
- Virtual Waiting Room (in your car): To encourage physical distancing, patients will wait in their cars upon arrival until they receive a text notification to enter the office.
- Face Masks: All patients must come to their appointments wearing a face mask.
- Hand and Oral Hygiene: Patients are encouraged to brush their teeth at home prior to their arrival. All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering our office and rinse with OraCare prior to the start of any dental procedure.
- Chairside Aerosol Control: The doctors and hygienists will be incorporating additional tools, such as Isolite and Sentry Air Filter for chairside aerosol control.
- Minimizing Extraneous Objects: While we’ve always taken pride in providing amenities, such as refreshments and toys that may help make your visit more comfortable, we have eliminated these items to reduce the number of commonly touched surfaces.
- Maintaining High Standards of Disinfection and Infection Control: Our staff will implement more frequent disinfecting and sanitizing throughout the office. We will frequently wipe down commonly touched surfaces, and fog the entire office with Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl), an effective and natural sterilization agent.
- Air Quality: An air purifier will be used during all operating hours to filter out pollutants.
- Protecting Our Patients and Staff: Additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), signage, and physical barriers will be utilized throughout the office for everyone’s safety.
We’re Available to Help
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by phone at (925) 828-5500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.